Search This Blog

About Me

Bordentown, New Jersey, United States
I have lived in four countries, four states (worked in six), many cities, towns, and villages, and have visited many more. I have friends in many countries and cultures around the world and love them all. I am a pluralist and anti-ideologue. I believe that compassion is pragmatic and the scientific method is the path to enlightenment. To that effect, I believe that curiosity, imagination, and intuition are the initiating attributes of the empiricist, because a theory must come from a hypothesis - and a good hypothesis must come from a dedicated artist.

Blog Archive

Friday, October 22, 2010

Can I Shake ... by G.D. Lafontant ~ copyright 2010


... can I shake your tree?
Pick the low fruit first?
Stand in the mush of the
over-ripe you already
let go ... ?

Can I shake you at
your foundation
where you stand in a hole
feeling grounded?

Can I shake your faith?
Or will you dig in?
Will you cling tighter?

Can I shake your etch-a-sketch?
Make you start over?
Will you draw on what
you drew before or stare
at the blank slate
terrified and relieved?
Will you start over?

Can I shake
your hand
like we just met?
Will you shake your
head at every
other thing I say?

Can I shake your cup of dice?
Can I pour your fate out
on the table and watch
your bones roll around
on the felt?

Can I shake you free?

And can you do the same for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment