Search This Blog

About Me

Bordentown, New Jersey, United States
I have lived in four countries, four states (worked in six), many cities, towns, and villages, and have visited many more. I have friends in many countries and cultures around the world and love them all. I am a pluralist and anti-ideologue. I believe that compassion is pragmatic and the scientific method is the path to enlightenment. To that effect, I believe that curiosity, imagination, and intuition are the initiating attributes of the empiricist, because a theory must come from a hypothesis - and a good hypothesis must come from a dedicated artist.

Blog Archive

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Diana ~ words and music by G. D. Lafontant - 1991



Relentlessly gentle
like the eye of a storm
She raises me up
I feel her
surge tide comin' on.

Diana pulls me closer
as if I were the sea
but her drawn
longbow and arrow
are aimed squarely at me!

Well, hey now!

I have never
preyed upon a woman.
Nor will I ever
be a woman's prey.
I will vow right now
that I will
never hunt you down
Nor will I ever
turn and run away.

I've known many women
who've shown me
nothing but love
and I'd never put 'em down
just to
put myself above them.

And I've known many boys
who just don't understand
but it's because
they're scared and ignorant
and this does not
make them men.

So Diana said
she was just a kid
walking home from school
when she ran into
a boy she liked
who started
acting like a fool.

He didn't get that
no means no
and he broke the Golden rule -
He left her bleeding
in the bushes -
what kind of beast
could be so cruel?

And so I pull her closer
as if I were the sea
and tell her that her longbow
is not be needed here with me.

I promise I will never
break the sacred chain
instead I'll do whatever
I can do to ease the pain.

So won't you walk with me,
here next to me?
Wont' you turn and
look me in the eye?
Won't you lay with me
in this field of green
and share dreams as we
stare into the sky?

Oh, I will strive to
listen to my daughter
even when she turns
a deaf ear to me.
And I hope she learns
from all things
I've taught her
But all I really want
is that she can live free.

No comments:

Post a Comment